Translator user manual
- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to accept invitation
- 3 My profile settings
- 4 Get started with a translator account
- 5 Quick compare
- 6 Projects
- 7 Reevaluation and arbitration requests
- 8 Reports
- 9 Quality standard
- 10 Filters
TQAuditor 3.04 is the system that evaluates and monitors translation quality and allows you to:
- compare unedited translation made by a translator with edited version received from an editor;
- generate a report about editor’s corrections;
- classify each correction by mistake type and severity, thus allowing to get the translation quality evaluation score with a maximum 100 points;
- ensure anonymous communication between a translator and an editor regarding corrections and mistakes classification;
- automate a process of maintaining the evaluation project;
How to accept invitation
1. The translation agency you cooperate with adds your account into the system. You receive an invitation email.
2. Accept the invitation by clicking the link in the received letter:
3. The following window appears:
4. Your account will be created.
My profile settings
On the My Profile page you can update your personal information and change password.
To do so, go to the My profile menu:
Get started with a translator account
There are several main menus that you need to focus on:
- Quick compare — here you can compare two versions of translated files in the system.
- Projects — here you can find the list of projects.
- Reports — here you can find your reports.
- System — here you can find the Quality standard of the company you cooperate with.
You can compare two versions of translated files in the system.
Click Supported bilingual file types to see the file formats TQA work with.
Press the "Upload selected files" button.
The comparison report will be created, where you can see the editor’s amendments highlighted with color, and different filters to simplify your work.
More details here .
In the Projects menu, you can find the list of projects where you have been assigned as a translator.
Click the Project ID to open a project:
When the project was created you can see the time limit details, general information on the project, project manager and their email:
When the comparison and evaluation reports are generated by an evaluator, you will see:
- Comparison details and change percentage details:
- Evaluation details and Mistake counts:
After the evaluator uploaded files, they can start the evaluation.
You can find the evaluation report by clicking the corresponding button:
On this page, you can see the comparison of the original and amended translation:
For more information, please check the Comparison report page.
After the evaluator uploaded files, you can find them here:
Reevaluation and arbitration requests
After you receive the email with translation quality evaluation, follow the project ID link in your email:
And do the following actions:
1. View the Comparison report. Look through all the corrections made by the evaluator:
2. Go to the Evaluation report:
3. Look through classification of each mistake.
4. If you agree with classification of all the mistakes, press "Complete project":
The project and its evaluation score are finalized at this stage. If you do not agree with classification of some mistakes, do the following actions.
5. Press "Add Comment" in the box of the mistake that you do not agree with and enter it by clicking "Submit":
6. When you have entered all the comments, send the project for reevaluation by pressing "Request reevaluation":
7. The project will be sent to the evaluator, who will review your comments.
If they are convincing, the evaluator will change the mistake severity in your favor.
You will receive the reevaluated project. You are able to send this project for reevaluation one more time.
8. If you have not reached agreement with the evaluator, you can send the project to the arbiter by pressing "Request arbitration" (it appears instead of "Request reevaluation"):
9. The arbiter will provide a final score that cannot be disputed.
To check your translator reports go to Reports ⇾ Translator report
Here you can find different charts and diagrams:
- Score dynamics:
- Monthly average score dynamics:
- Managed by:
- Projects by specialization:
- Mistakes by type:
- Mistakes by severity:
To check the quality standard of the company you cooperate with, go to Settings ⇾ Quality standard
Here you can find:
- Score limit and Mistake severities:
- Mistake types:
- Mistake type score weight coefficients per specialization:
- Quality levels
There are filters that can help you to display the data you need.
Note: The column headers which enable this sorting feature are highlighted in blue.
Also, you may find here additional filters:
- Is overdue — the system will display the overdue projects only.
- Stage — tick one of the cells, and the system will display only projects at a particular stage.
- Project code — the system will display projects with the specified project code.
- Translation job code — the system will display the projects with a particular translation job ID, entered by the manager.
- Review job code — the system will display the projects with a particular review job ID, entered by the manager (differs from translation job code).
- Project name — the system will display the projects with the specified name.
- Specialization — the system will display the projects with a particular translation specialization.
- Service — the system will display the projects with a particular translation service.
- Evaluation count — the system will display projects with the specified evaluation count.
- Manager — the system will display the projects with a particular supervisor.
- Creation date — the system will display the projects with particular creation dates.
Here you can specify the project creation date range: